Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weight Watchers Online

Weight Watchers allows you to keep track of your food intake, or points, online. You simply enter the food name, or the calories, fat grams and fiber grams of what you're eating and the nifty Points Tracker determines the number of points you've just chewed up and subtracts that number from your total allotment for the day (a whoppin' 18 points ... for some perspective, a medium-sized apple is 2 points. So is a Rice Krispie Treat. Who in the world would choose the apple?!?).

One of the cool high-tech-y things the Points Tracker does is keep track of foods you eat often. These you can mark as your "Favorites" so that it is easier to include them on a regular basis. As I was inputting my morning Kashi Bar and small banana (3.5 points down the drain), I looked over my "Favorites" list and decided I am probably not doing this right. Here's what's on my list:

Freezer pops - 1 point each
Goldfish - 18 fish for 1 point
Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes - 2 points
Oreo Fun Stix (oh. my. gosh. de-lish & quite Fun indeed!) - 2 points
Oscar Mayer Bacon Slices - 4 slices for 2 points
Popcorn - A whole bag for 2 points
Baked Ruffles - 15 chips for 2 points
Kraft Single Cheese Slices - 1 point each
Tootsie Rolls - 2 for 1 point
Arnold Sandwich Thin Wheat Roll - 1 point
(that holds the cheese & bacon!)

If I eat all of that, I only have 3 points left for the day ... which is conveniently the number of points needed for a delicious WW Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sundae!

No comments: