Sunday, September 20, 2009

Simple Pleasures ...

For years now I have been impressed with my mother-in-law, Betty Mears, and her love of nature. One of the most amazing things that I appreciate and understand better as I get older is how the sight of a beautiful bird can make her entire day wonderful. When I was 25, I didn't get it. Today, I describe the birds at the bird feeder in my backyard to my friend Lori over the phone with great enthusiasm ... and I take pictures of flowers and birds and sunsets all the time. I have created a line of blank notecards that feature these photos called TLC ... The Lord's Creation. Here's some of my recent favorites:


Stone Harbor, NJ.

Jean's backyard.

These water lilies are at the National Arboretum. I was fortunate enough to be able to explore this paradise with my in-laws and Willie this summer.

Also at the Arboretum.

Take a look around. Appreciate the amazing beauty of nature that we all too often take for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pictures...getting old is funny, not ha ha funny, but funny. love you. j