Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What I like.

The older I get, the more I am refining my list of things I truly enjoy.
Of course, time with my family and friends will forever top the list, but interesting, unexpected things are pushing their way up as the
years go by ...

The Sound of Water ... not from a faucet, but from a babbling brook or a rain storm. Amazingly peaceful. See the pictures below and just imagine how wonderful the sounds are at Swallow Falls.
Screened-in Porches ... heavenly, especially when my family & friends are out there with me, too.
Puzzles ... Jigsaw, crossword, anagram, logic, etc. I could sit and do them all day long.
Quiet Mornings ... Waking up with the birds, praying before I get out of bed and enjoying a bit of alone time before everyone else gets up.
TV Shows about Cake ... Ace of Cakes, Ultimate Cake-Off, Challenge.
Lunch with Friends ... I'm not a fan of "fine dining," but I love the casual get-together with my buddies and a turkey sandwich from my favorite restaurant, JPs Deli.

Gary and I spent last weekend at Deep Creek Lake with a bunch of our close friends and I got to enjoy all of the above (except the cake shows) ... it was wonderful. Here's some of the beauty we got to enjoy:


Gary, Brian, Sharon and Mike at Swallow Falls National Park.

The largest waterfall in Maryland ... after climbing dozens of stairs, we got to stand at the top of the falls and look down over them (sorry, Mom, but I made it back safely!)
More dandelions than you could imagine ... a mother's nightmare, a daughter's dream.

Thank you Barbara, Brian, Doug, Gary, Kathy, Mack, Mike, Penny & Sharon for a wonderful weekend!

No comments: