Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Dog

Every blog written by someone living on the east coast today will include snow ... here's mine featuring Kilmer the wimpy snow dog and Willie.

Yesterday morning, before the snow got so high, Kilmer ventured out without fear and enthusiastically ran to the fence and summoned his backyard buddy Pepper.

This morning, after the snow finally stopped at 20" deep, Kilmer again ventured out, but this time very reluctantly. He stuck his head deep into the snow, went about 5 feet, then turned around and came back in.
Worried about Kilmer's bladder and my floor, I enlisted Willie's help. He dug a path to the grass for the wimpy dog and worked hard to coax him out along the shoveled route.Despite Willie's valiant attempts, the dog refused to go beyond the path.

I suppose, if the snow came up to my belly, I'd stay out of it too!

And so, school is cancelled. The snow is beautiful. The cookies are yummy. The fire is warm. God gave all of us a day to remember the importance and love of family time.

And yet, Gary just declared with great enthusiasm that the sun was supposed to be out tomorrow.
I suppose enough is enough.
Back to reality.


1 comment:

Jean A. said...

Great pictures! You always have such a great way of enjoying each moment! :) Thanks again for helping me with the IL picture. Nathan LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!