Tuesday, December 15, 2009

God Bless Us, Everyone

Kayti is calling me Tiny Tim. Makes me laugh every single time she says it. Somehow I injured my ankle by just walking up the stairs on Friday night. Yes, I felt an awful "twang," but made my way upstairs and into bed anyway. About 12 steps into Saturday morning, the "twang" came back and by Monday my ankle really hurt, walking was difficult and the swelling had started.

My new favorite doctor, Dr. Wilson, sentenced me to two weeks of boot or crutches, no driving and threats of a full-blown cast if I didn't "listen to the pain" and put my foot up immediately whenever it started hurting. Apparently I damaged a tendon. Not the big Achilles one, but some other one and tearing or breaking this particular tendon leads to surgery and a year's worth of recuperating. Hence, the boot and the crutches and about 15-20 minutes of moving around every 2 hours or so.

Got the bills paid. Got the graphics work almost all done. Got the iPhoto book created. Working on the Christmas cards and a few other graphics projects. Watched Julie & Julia (love it!) and countless tacky but addicting Fa-la-la-la-Lifetime Christmas movies!

My parents got the lights on the tree and drove me all over town yesterday, helping me get some errands done. Gary's doing the dishes and Kayti's carrying things all over the house for me. (I didn't cook with two good ankles, so a little swelling hasn't changed that!) And, while the little devil on my shoulder says: "Poo, Drat, and Cuss," the sweet little angel on the other shoulder says: "Thanks for the rest."

God Bless Us, Everyone!

1 comment:

Jean A. said...

Oh Lisa... God knows when we need a rest!! I will call you in the morning. I'm going to stay home!
hugs! j