Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet 16


Back in 1993, on October 26 at 4:15 in the morning, Kathryn Anne Mears was born. Today she is sixteen years old.

It has been so much fun watching Kayti grow into the amazing young lady she is today ... a confident, genuine, intelligent girl who loves movies, music, and reading. As one of her birthday presents, I cleaned her room and in the process I found two of her cute little wallets in the back of a drawer. In them, I found almost $100 in cash, a couple of gift cards and her library card. When she got home today, I showed her all that I found and she said "My library card! You found it!" May her priorities never change!

To celebrate her 16th birthday, we took 4 of her closest friends to Disney on Ice on Friday night and then had a party on Saturday for all the kids. It rained all day Saturday, so instead of taking everyone to the Pumpkin Patch, we bought little pumpkins to carve and ate Tina Book's amazing Sweet 16 cake with Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream Ice Cream. It was so good! (Thanks, Tina!)

Happy Birthday, Kayti. I love you & I am so proud of you!

Front Row: Kayla, Kayti, Olivia
Back Row: Siria, Cinderella, Matthew

1 comment: