Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Lord's Pictures

On Tuesday, July 13, God woke me up at 5:45am. I was startled by a case of the hiccoughs ... who gets hiccoughs in their sleep? A hiccough woke me up and I sat up, hiccoughed two more times, then said out loud to God, "Okay, I'm awake." I looked outside and the sky was yellow. I ran to the sliding glass door and saw this beautiful orange ball low in the sky, grabbed my camera and walked out to the beach. The orange ball was behind a cloud, so I began a nice little chat with God while I waited to see whatever He woke me up to see.

I wasn't the only human awake at that hour, but I was alone on the beach for quite some time, so I continued to talk aloud to God as I photographed His amazing sunrise. I don't know if He woke me just to talk or to also have me photograph His work, but here's what I saw that morning ...




What a wonderful way to start the day!

1 comment:

Nancy T. Bookman said...

You and the Lord really have that "Cue seagulls" thing down pat. Congratulations to you and You.