Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick! Before they die ...

Ask my friend Jean, my neighbor Ann, or my mother-in-law Betty, and if they are honest, they will tell you that I am horrible at keeping plants alive. Kids, dog, husband ... they are all thriving. Plants inside and outside the house are another thing. Betty once told me to not have any plants until the kids are grown and gone ... and yet I keep trying. So, here's a look at the wonderful blooms around my house. Look quickly. If history does indeed repeat itself, they will be dead by July 1st.

The tag said "At least 6 hours of full sun." No problem with that. Our south-facing front yard bakes every plant all day long!

Love this variety of Sweet Potato vine. It likes sun, too!

These are already more than I can handle. Although the tag said "At least 6 hours of full sun," it lied. These Gerbera daisies drink water every morning and are still mad at me by 2:00. They whine and moan through droopy flowers and rolled up leaves ... wimpy wimpy wimpy.

Daily watering for these, too ... they were a gift from Roberta ... fingers are crossed cause they are more whiney than the Gerberas for watering. Very dramatic drooping when thirsty! Impatien(t) is an understatement!

These wonderful perennial lilies are watered only by God. He does indeed take care of them just as He does me ... Too bad He doesn't mention Gerbera Daisies in the Gospels, too!

1 comment:

Jean A. said...

Don't forget to pick off the dead blooms! HAHA xoxo